6 beauty gifts for the holidays12/7/15
It's difficult to narrow down which beauty items one should gift (or ask to receive!) over the holidays but I have a few tips that might simplify things a bit: 1. It should make them (or you) feel good. I prefer products with natural or organic ingredients because honestly, you cannot beat the quality or aroma. 2. The packaging being visually appealing doesn't hurt either. The holidays are all about making a splash, so why not go for something that looks gorgeous?
My round-up includes some of my personal favorites and other swoon-worthy items, such as:
1. Color of The Year Pantone Rose Quartz Lipstick // A pastel pink lipstick shade that celebrates the duo Pantone colors of the year. Ultra-thin pigments are blended with emollient oils and waxes for a sweet satin finish.
2. Mahalo Pele Face Mask // A tried and true favorite of mine, packed with good stuff for a healthy glow. Botanical ingredients such as hibiscus, neem leef and holy basil are mixed with a super-charged formula that features turmeric, cayenne, guava, witch hazel and volcanic ash clay (so good, right?). It comes as a dark clay-like powder and quickly turns into a mousse with just a few drops of water. I like to apply this while having a bath and then I remove it with a warm washcloth after 20 minutes.
3. French Girl Rose Facial Polish // A 100% organic and paraben-free facial exfoliant that smells as good as it looks! With organic rose-hip, hibiscus flower powder and organic brown rice, along with anti-bacterial plant materials that make for a super-gentle exfoliator for all skin types.
4. Herbal Bath Tea Soak // I am a huuuge fan of taking nightly baths, especially when natural oils are involved. This herbal tea soak contains rose petals, calendula, hibiscus flowers, lavender essential oils and more - a must have for every bath experience!
5. Aerin Eyelight Concealer // Who doesn't want a gold tipped applicator for applying concealer? Better yet the unique design instantly cools, hydrates and highlights. Sign me up!
6. Tocca Wanderlust Gift Set // I love a good gift set. This Anthropologie-exclusive set includes a travel-sized eau de parfum, a custom candle, a sweet little matchbox and a luxurious sleep mask. I want it all.